Unofficial Guitar Hero Forum 2.4.25
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Unofficial Guitar Hero Forum 2.4.25

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What Being An Admin Means

Go down 
+4
Stevo
Jinzo
Brandon
svartingr
8 posters
AuthorMessage
svartingr
Admin

Male Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : Writing and playing Guitar. Unemployed college student.
Music : WHEE!!!
Registration date : 2007-08-07

What Being An Admin Means Empty
PostSubject: What Being An Admin Means   What Being An Admin Means Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 7:55 pm

I'm writing this here to show what I believe, what I believe is true, and I hope Brandon believes to. Due to certain... events... that have driven me here, I feel I must explain myself. I also wish for someone who HAS an account on Tony's Fascist Forums to deliver this message for me.

An administrator must be unbiased. This means, he cannot ban someone just because he doesn't like them. This also means that he cannot NOT ban someone just because he is friends with the person who needs to be banned. It is okay to dislike someone. It is NOT okay to ban them JUST for disliking them. And if there is someone you like who is breaking the rules, they deserve to be banned. If you don't want to do it, get someone else to.

An administrator must follow the rules of the forum. Because it is his job to uphold the laws of the forum. If he does not know them, how can he uphold them?

When another administrator or moderator is needed, a friend of the administrator of moderator should not be picked just because he is their friend. The user needs to be worthy of their position.

And lastly, the administrator must be ACTIVE.

I have experienced certain admins (who shall remain nameless) who do not work in this manner, but this is how I work, and this is what I believe. I'm not sure about Brandon. Maybe he can back me up here.
Back to top Go down
Brandon
Admin
Brandon

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: What Being An Admin Means   What Being An Admin Means Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:26 pm

I do back you up totally. What Tony did was wrong. But it's also the fact that, these aren't professional forums. So it's not like you should be totally offended. Nonetheless, you should be.
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/brandonagnew
svartingr
Admin

Male Number of posts : 15
Job/hobbies : Writing and playing Guitar. Unemployed college student.
Music : WHEE!!!

PostSubject: Re: What Being An Admin Means   What Being An Admin Means Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:31 pm

Brandon wrote:
I do back you up totally. What Tony did was wrong. But it's also the fact that, these aren't professional forums. So it's not like you should be totally offended. Nonetheless, you should be.

No, I'm pissed off to all hell.
Back to top Go down
Jinzo
New Kid
New Kid

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-09-11

PostSubject: Re: What Being An Admin Means   What Being An Admin Means Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:31 pm

Svart, I back you all the way with those statements.

And I'm glad my first post proves that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Brandon
Admin
Brandon

Male Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2007-08-06

PostSubject: Re: What Being An Admin Means   What Being An Admin Means Icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2007 8:32 pm

svartingr wrote:
Brandon wrote:

No, I'm pissed off to all hell.

Which you deserve to be. HAY JINZO!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/brandonagnew
Stevo
New Kid
New Kid

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: What Being An Admin Means   What Being An Admin Means Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 11:30 am

Hey Svart
I agree with what you say definently and make these forums a nice place to talk
Back to top Go down
arch_wooohh
Musician
Musician
arch_wooohh

Number of posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: What Being An Admin Means   What Being An Admin Means Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2007 12:47 pm

All very good points. I support that.
Back to top Go down
Glamy
New Kid
New Kid

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-09-14

PostSubject: Re: What Being An Admin Means   What Being An Admin Means Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 9:35 pm

Wait, what happened with Tony? I've been barely paying attention to the boards as most of you have probably noticed...schedule makes it hard on me to be online much.
Back to top Go down
mrhighscore
New Kid
New Kid
mrhighscore

Registration date : 2008-04-01

PostSubject: Re: What Being An Admin Means   What Being An Admin Means Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2008 5:02 pm

svartingr wrote:

An administrator must follow the rules of the forum.

Looks like I'll never be an admin...
Back to top Go down
Tokisaurus
New Kid
New Kid

Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: What Being An Admin Means   What Being An Admin Means Icon_minitimeTue Nov 04, 2008 5:03 pm

Quote :
An administrator must be unbiased. This means, he cannot ban someone just because he doesn't like them.

Fucking hypocrite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Being An Admin Means   What Being An Admin Means Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What Being An Admin Means
Page 1 of 1